Monday, July 26, 2010

Colton's First Birthday!

The Birthday Boy on his Birthday!
Some of the kids playing in the sandbox
Jared and Bailey
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!
Oliver wanted to show me what was in the pool!
Oliver likes drinking the water instead of playing with it.
Bailey says, "Don't touch me!"
King Colton for the day!
Bailey learning how to use the splash table.
Look, this is how you do it Bailey!

Colton's 1st birthday party was a success! He had lots of people come and celebrate with him. Even though it was really hot outside, we were all troopers (even the adults). We blew up the shark pool, had a splash pad, had a splash table, and had a sand box for everyone to play in. Lisa & her mom made cupcakes for the party. They were all cute and decorated with a fish on the top. Yes, I did that myself...kinda proud of myself for that. I made Colton's cake myself to Colton had a party to go to that morning for his friend Megan. Then we ran home and put him to bed for a nap while we ran around setting everything up. When he woke up it was time for his party to begin! He was in a great mood! We have video of him and his cake that we'll try to post later. He was sure pooped out that night! Maybe we should do that more often ;) His actual birthday was a few days later. He got pancakes & strawberries for breakfast. Then we took him to Chik-fil-a for lunch for his first fast food experience. He liked the nuggets, but really enjoyed flirting with a college student who was nearby. For dinner he got lasagna for the first time and loved it! We gave him a cupcake from his party for dessert. He seems to really love getting presents!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colton,
    Grandy & Pop-Pop looked at all your birthday party pictures. It looks like you and everyone there had a wonderful time! Of course we wish we were there too but your Daddy was nice enough to Skype us in to sing to you. Happy First Birthday!!!!!!! Love Grandy & Pop

    ReplyDelete